The West Virginia Senior Sports Classic recently completed their Senior Olympics, hosted by the University of Charleston in Charleston, WV. Mary Kelly, senior athlete from Crossville, and the members of the Smoky Mountain Mamas basketball team beat North Carolina and West Virginia to win the gold in 3-on-3 basketball. Kelly also participated in track and field events and won gold medals in shot put and discus and took the bronze in the javelin. This qualified her to play in Louisville, KY in the 2007 senior games.
This Week's Circulars
Charles "Buford" Sutton, 89, of Crossville, passed away Jan. 22, 2021. He was born Sept. 3, 1931, in Monterey, the son of John L. and Beulah R. Cook Sutton. He was a graduate of Monterey High School where he will remembered as a star athlete. He was retired after 34 years with the city of Cr…
Patricia A. McNeeley, 86, of Cookeville, went to be with her Lord and Savior on Jan. 21, 2021. She was born Oct. 13, 1934, in Whipple, WV. She was the daughter of Floyd A. and Mary Merritt. She was a devoted wife serving along with her husband Vertie W. McNeeley in the ministry with the Pent…
Hassie Rose Oakes, 83, of Crossville, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021, at Life Care Center of Crossville. She was born in Cumberland County on June 13, 1937, to the late Charlie Norris and Eliza (Farr) Norris. Hassie worked as a cook. She was a loving wife, mother, grandma, great-grandm…
Funeral services for Ikey Eugene Davis, 82, of Crossville, were held on Jan. 20. Burial was at Crossville City Cemetery. Survivors include sons, Nickolas Davis and Clendle Davis; and sister, Jerry Smiddie.
- Vaccine appointments offered
- Phased elimination of Tennessee Hall Tax complete
- Probationer violates probation within week of plea
- BREAKING: Tennessee hires Danny White as athletic director
- COVID vaccines continue
- Commission removes Capitol resolution
- UPDATE: Grandparents, school faculty now permitted at high school sporting events
- Judge: “You may have won the battle, but not the war”
- Trailblazers: FOTT requests public input on Crossville Greenway project
- COVID-19 continues impact on justice system