Three Cumberland County Elementary Football League games were played last Thursday — South 20, North 6; Brown 40, Stone 30; and Crab Orchard 12, Pleasant Hill 0. The Homestead at Martin game was postponed until Thursday, Sept. 29, at 6 p.m. Above, Brown’s Jared DeBord (44) is pursued by a Stone defender, as the Coyotes notched their first win of the season. Below, a South runner takes off on a long gainer against the Patriots. There are four games on Thurday — Martin at Brown, South at Pleasant Hill, North at Crab Orchard and Homestead at Stone. All games begin at 4:30 p.m.
This Week's Circulars
Geneva S. Brady, 95, of Sparta, passed away on Monday, Jan. 18, 2021, at Wharton Nursing Home in Pleasant Hill. Born Jan. 29, 1925, in Cumberland County, she was the daughter of the late Dallas Seagraves and Laura Mae (Page) Seagraves. Geneva worked as the personnel manager for Crossville Ru…
Esther Ruth Budding, 85, of Crossville, passed away on Jan. 16, 2021, at CMC in Crossville. She was born Aug. 28, 1935, in Oskaloosa, IA. A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Larry David Barnett, 74, of Crab Orchard, passed away Saturday, Jan. 16, 2021, at Cumberland House in Crossville. He was born Nov. 30, 1946, in Crab Orchard, son of the late Wilmer Barnett and Beaulah (Wilson) Barnett. Larry worked as a lineman for Tennessee Valley Authority. He also proudly…
- Vaccine appointments offered
- Marriage licenses, published Jan. 15, 2021
- Judge: “You may have won the battle, but not the war”
- Shoplifter charged with organized retail crime
- Grand jury indicts three in homicide cases
- UPDATE: Grandparents, school faculty now permitted at high school sporting events
- COVID vaccines continue
- COVID-19 drug available for seniors
- New Little Obed River hiking segment open
- Cumberland County splits at Grundy County in district action