The Crossville Chronicle has been the paper of record for Cumberland County since 1886. Publishing daily online at Crossville-Chronicle.com, and in print on Tuesdays and Fridays, the Crossville Chronicle offers in-depth coverage of Crossville and the surrounding communities in Cumberland County. The Crossville Chronicle also publishes the weekly Glade Sun, serving the resort and retirement community of Fairfield Glade, and the monthly Lake Tansi Smoke Signals serving Lake Tansi Village.
This Week's Circulars
Geneva S. Brady, 95, of Sparta, passed away on Monday, Jan. 18, 2021, at Wharton Nursing Home in Pleasant Hill. Born Jan. 29, 1925, in Cumberland County, she was the daughter of the late Dallas Seagraves and Laura Mae (Page) Seagraves. Geneva worked as the personnel manager for Crossville Ru…
Esther Ruth Budding, 85, of Crossville, passed away on Jan. 16, 2021, at CMC in Crossville. She was born Aug. 28, 1935, in Oskaloosa, IA. A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Larry David Barnett, 74, of Crab Orchard, passed away Saturday, Jan. 16, 2021, at Cumberland House in Crossville. He was born Nov. 30, 1946, in Crab Orchard, son of the late Wilmer Barnett and Beaulah (Wilson) Barnett. Larry worked as a lineman for Tennessee Valley Authority. He also proudly…
- Judge: “You may have won the battle, but not the war”
- Shoplifter charged with organized retail crime
- Vaccine appointments offered
- Marriage licenses, published Jan. 15, 2021
- UPDATE: Grandparents, school faculty now permitted at high school sporting events
- Grand jury indicts three in homicide cases
- New Little Obed River hiking segment open
- COVID vaccines continue
- Cumberland County splits at Grundy County in district action
- FOTT requests public input on Crossville Greenway project