Cumberland County Mayor Kenneth Carey Jr. recently joined United Fund of Cumberland County Executive Director Holly Neal in announcing the 45th anniversary of the United Fund. A kick-off celebration for the annual fund raising drive is set for Sept. 14 at the Cumberland County Courthouse when the United Fund will again be selling barbecue stuffed baked potatoes. Tickets should be purchased in advance by calling 484-4082 or asking United Fund board members. The United Fund has set a goal of $345,000 this year to assist nonprofit groups serving Cumberland County. Carey said, "We appreciate all the services the United Fund provides and the organizations and people they help."
This Week's Circulars
He is preceded in death by his father, Leonard Hayes; and niece, Kayla Hayes. He is survived by son, Cody Hayes of Dayton; daughter, Katie Hayes of Rockwood; mother, Opal Hayes of Rockwood; brothers, Randall (Rita) Hayes of Georgia, Greg (Tammy) Hayes of Rockwood, Darrell (Tracy) Hayes of Ro…
William "Bill" J. Hess, 87, of Crossville, passed away on June 11, 2021, at Life Care Center of Crossville. He was born on June 3, 1934, in Middletown, NY, son of George E. Hess and Pauline E. Hess. Bill graduated from Orange County Community College, Harpur College, the University of Washin…
- Buc-ee’s breaks ground on first TN store
- One killed in single-vehicle crash Saturday
- Stolen mail recovered; two persons charged
- Stolen bank cards seized in traffic stop
- Friendship, humanity explored in CCP's 'Driving Miss Daisy'
- Parolee treated for stab wounds
- County eyes 6% pay hike, SO salary changes
- Naked man armed with bat confronts motorists
- Man being arrested bitten by dog
- FGCC announces Mirror Lake Blast canceled, Hoot postponed