Cumberland County Imagination Library (CCIL) and its many volunteers are excited and prepared for the upcoming Run to Read 5K Run/Walk and Storybook Character Mile Walk to be held Saturday, April 5 beginning at 8 a.m. at the Dayton-Miller Bypass intersection. The timed race has an entry fee of $25, with registration beginning at 7 a.m. The FREE Storybook Character Mile Walk will begin at 9:30 a.m. Following each race there will be time and costume awards and door prizes will include a digital camera! Bring your children and run, walk, or push a stroller for both events. This is a fundraiser and promotional event for CCIL, who delivers free, age-appropriate books to children ages birth to five every month in Cumberland County. CCHS Jet Theatrix and Theatre Arts II will be featured costumed participants offering great photo opportunities for you and your kids! Come out and support a worthy cause and enjoy a fun event! For more information contact Tammy Stewart @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-6135.
This Week's Circulars
Hassie Rose Oakes, 83, of Crossville, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021, at Life Care Center of Crossville. She was born in Cumberland County on June 13, 1937, to the late Charlie Norris and Eliza (Farr) Norris. Hassie worked as a cook. She was a loving wife, mother, grandma, great-grandm…
Funeral services for Ikey Eugene Davis, 82, of Crossville, were held on Jan. 20. Burial was at Crossville City Cemetery. Survivors include sons, Nickolas Davis and Clendle Davis; and sister, Jerry Smiddie.
Wilma Fay Ayers, 82, of Crossville, passed away on Jan. 16, 2021, at Cumberland Medical Center in Crossville. She was born on May 12, 1938, in Clarkrange, daughter of the late Pat Smith and Mae (Tudor) Smith. Wilma worked as a nurse at Cumberland Medical Center and was of the Baptist faith. …
- Judge: “You may have won the battle, but not the war”
- UPDATE: Grandparents, school faculty now permitted at high school sporting events
- Vaccine appointments offered
- Shoplifter charged with organized retail crime
- Phased elimination of Tennessee Hall Tax complete
- COVID vaccines continue
- Probationer violates probation within week of plea
- BREAKING: Tennessee hires Danny White as athletic director
- Lady Jets set three-point record against Rhea County, 84-34
- Commission removes Capitol resolution