• Open Studio — “Come Paint With Me” — Every Monday in July, visitors are welcome, no formal instruction but sharing of ideas and conversation with an Art Guild artist from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Supplies are available for most mediums for a small fee. From 1-3 p.m. a live model will be available for artists to sketch for a small fee for studio use.
• “Come Bead With Us” — The first and third Mondays of each month with Judi Moenck and Linda Farber from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Bring your project with or without problems. There will be no formal instructions, just lots of compassion and conversation. No charge for members, $5 for non-members for studio use.
• Art Gallery theme through July 15 — Vacation Destination.
• Through August 25 — Kids Program for ages 7 and up each Wednesday. Afternoons with Arti — 2-4 p.m., $12 per person. July 14 — Acrylics or Collage, July 21 — Acrylics or Pastels, July 28 — Watercolor Pencils.
• Tuesday, July 20 — Art Guild’s monthly meeting at the PCAC — social hour at 9 a.m., meeting at 9:30 a.m. The meeting is open to not only members, but anyone who is interested in becoming active in the practice and/or promotion of visual arts in Cumberland County.
• July 23 and July 24 — Budget Art Show, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• July 30 — Save the Date — 2010 Golf Fundraiser — 7:30 a.m. Shotgun Start. Cost is $70 per person for golf, cart and luncheon. Place: The Brae at Heatherhurst. Format: 2 net best balls. Teams 4 men/women/mixed. Enter your own team. For information call Dawn Robb (456-5601) or check the website.
Directions: Exit 322 off Interstate 40 — Peavine Road Exit. Go north on Peavine for about 6 miles. Lakeview Drive is on the right. The Art Gallery is next door to the Druid Hills Country Club swimming pool at 451 Lakeview Drive. The Art Guild at Fairfield Glade is a not-for-profit 501 ©(3)organization and an equal opportunity provider.
Visit the website at www.artguildfairfieldglade.net.