District 6AAA basketball teams got an unexpected night off Tuesday, as games slid away due to the snow and cold conditions which hit the Plateau. The White County at CCHS, SMHS at Warren County and Cookeville at Rhea County games were all canceled and will have to be made up as the results taffect the standings for the District 6AAA tournament, which is slated Feb. 13-15, 17-18 at Cookeville High School.
SMHS coach Neil Capps indicated Wednesday a tentative date of Feb. 10 has been discussed for the SMHS at Warren County games, while no date has been determined for the White County at CCHS games or the Cookeville at Rhea County games.
Rhea County and Hamilton County has a "no school, no play" policy which could impact on make-ups for those school systems.
If conditions improve, Friday's games are White County at Rhea County; Warren County at CCHS for homecoming and White County at Rhea County. This begins the second rotation of district games, as Tuesday's games would have ended the first rotation. The outcome of those games determine the seeding for the District 6AAA Tournament which is slated for Feb. 13-15, 17-18 at Cookeville High School.
CCHS' Feb. 1 game at Clarkrange and Feb. 8 game with Monterey could be scratched to allow for a make-up game, while SMHS' Jan. 30 game with Lancaster Christian and Feb. 8 game with Clarkrange also could get dropped for a make-up game in a worst-case scenario situation.
The top two girls and boys teams automatically earn berths into the Region 3AAA Tournament which is also at Cookeville High School. In the past, the District 6AAA winners and runners-up host the third- and fourth-place teams from District 5AAA, whose winners and runners-up host the third- and fourth-place teams from District 6AAA.
In District 6AAA, the third-place teams play the sixth-place finishers on the first night, while the fourth and fifth seeds play the second night, with all four semifinals on Feb. 15. The three-six winners plays the second seed, while the four-five winners plays the top seed in the semi-final round.
The girls consolation and championship games will be Feb.17, while the boys consolation and championship games will be Feb. 18. The region tournament begins later in that week, as the winners and runners-up will host the third- and fourth-place teams from the respective districts, with the semi-finals and championship games at Cookeville High School.
Jan. 21:White County @ CCHS; SMHS @ Warren County; Cookeville @ Rhea County - All postponed due to ice and snow.
Jan. 24: White County @ Rhea County; Warren County @ CCHS (HC); SMHS @ Cookeville
Jan. 28: White County @ Warren County; SMHS @ Rhea County; Cookeville @ CCHS
Jan. 30: Lanchaster Christian @ SMHS (HC)
Jan. 31: SMHS @ White County (HC); Cookeville @ Warren County;Rhea County @ CCHS (Red Out night)
Feb. 1: Cleveland @ Rhea County (Sr. Night); CCHS @ Clarkrange
Feb. 4: White County @ Cookeville; Rhea County @ Warren County (Sr. Night); CCHS @ SMHS
Feb. 7: CCHS @ White County; Warren County @ SMHS; Rhea County @ Cookeville
Feb. 8: Warren County @ DeKalb County; Monterey @ CCHS (Sr. Night); Clarkrange @ SMHS
Feb. 10: Lebanon @ White County (Sr. Night); Rhea County @ Sweetwater
Team by team results
1. Stone Memorial 4-0 (defeated Cookeville 63-55, Rhea Co. 88-54, beat White County 61-58, beat CCHS 76-55)
2. Cookeville 3-1 (defeated CCHS. 95-61, lost to Stone Memorial 63-55, beat Warren County, beat White County 61-54
3. White County 2-2 (defeated Warren Co. 93-49, Rhea Co. 70-31, lost to SMHS 61-58, lost to Cookeville 61-54)
4. CCHS 2-2 (defeated Warren Co. 58-48, lost to Cookeville 95-61, beat Rhea County 71-57, lost to SMHS 76-55)
5 Warren County 1-3 (lost to CCHS. 58-48, White Co. 93-49, lost to Cookeville 70-40, beat Rhea County 62-61)
6. Rhea County 0-4 (lost to Stone Memorial 88-54, White Co. 70-31, lost to CCHS 71-57, lost to Warren County 62-61)
1. White County 3-1 (defeated Rhea Co. 72-58, lost to Warren County 51-45, beat CCHS 62-58, beat Cookeville 64-56)
2. Rhea County 3-1 (defeated Stone Memorial 70-42, lost to White County 72-58, beat CCHS 62-58, beat Warren County 46-41)
3. CCHS. 3-1 (defeated Warren Co. 74-43, Cookeville 72-56, lost to Rhea County 62-58, beat SMHS 78-45)
4. Cookeville 2-2 (defeated Stone Memorial 75-53, lost to CCHS. 72-5, beat Warren County 38-36, lost to White County 64-56)
5 Warren Co. 1-3 (defeated White Co. 51-45, lost to C'Land Co. 74-43, lost to Cookeville 38-36, lost to Rhea County 46-41)
6. Stone Memorial 0-4 (lost to Cookeville 75-53, lost to Rhea Co. 70-42, lost to White County 62-31, lost to CCHS 78-45)
The above results are considered when breaking ties for the district tournament.