Crossville Chronicle, Crossville, TN

January 17, 2013

Four arrested in meth lab seizure

By Heather Mullinix
Assistant editor

CROSSVILLE — Four people were arrested after police responded to a complaint of a possible working methamphetamine lab.

Charged with promotion of methamphetamine and violation of bond conditions was Erica Lynn Davis, 21, 40 Primose Court. The following were charged with initiating the process of manufacturing methamphetamine:

•Kozzi Christopher Cole, 23, no address;

•Christina Ann Randolph, 31, 495 New Hope Rd., Trenton, GA; and

•Christopher Lee Taylor, 31, Miller Ave.

A caller reported walking by the residence at 40 Primrose Ct. and seeing someone shaking a bottle. Sgt. Chad Withrow and Ptl. Kevin Wood responded to the residence and attempted to make contact with the four individuals inside the house.

According to the report, after officers knocked on the door and announced their presence, Davis looked out the front window and disappeared. Ptl. Wood went to the rear of the home and saw Davis running across the yard, "yelling, 'They are cooking meth in my house.'"

Davis was taken into custody after a short foot chase. Cole was found a short time later hiding outside by a storage shed and taken into custody by Sgt. Withrow.

Officers asked if anyone else was still inside the house and Davis said there were. She unlocked the front door and allowed officers to enter.

"Upon entering the residence, there was a strong chemical smell," Wood wrote in his report. Randolph was in a back bedroom and Taylor had locked himself in a bathroom. He came out when police ordered him to do so. Inside the bathroom, officers found empty plastic bottles sitting on the toilet. A meth technician was called to secure the scene and record evidence.

"All suspects were read their Miranda rights and questioned on what was taking place inside the residence," Wood wrote in the report. "All suspects admitted to knowing what was taking place and to participating in the production of meth in some fashion."

The residence was quarantined after Mptl. Jonathan O'Neal determined a working methamphetamine lab had been in the residence. Evidence was photographed and some items sent to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation for testing.