By Gary Nelson
Senior staff writer
Cumberland County Finance Director Nathan Brock told the county commission sales tax revenue collections are below budget projections by $70,760 for the current fiscal year.
Actual collections for fiscal year 2012-'13 so far are $5,250,827, Brock reported.
"The figures are down, but that's by the budgeted amount. The collections are actually higher than last year, but they aren't quite meeting what the county has projected," Brock said.
Brock made the report during the county commission's April monthly meeting.
He also reported property tax collections were at 98.9 percent.
Brock reported hotel/motel tax collections were at $482,295, which was 74.2 percent of the budgeted amount of $650,000 and ambulance service collections were at $2,221,240, which is 74 percent of the $3 million budgeted figure.
Prisoner boarding collections are at $685,462, which is 92.6 percent of the budgeted amount of $740,000.
"Based on this we will exceed projections on prisoner boarding," Brock said.
Commissioners approved the following budget amendment resolutions during the meeting:
• Resolution 04-2013-5, a $93,000 amendment for the sheriff's department for $75,000 for other supplies and materials for prisoner boarding and $18,000 for maintenance and vehicle repairs.
• Resolution 04-2013-6, a $6,000 amendment for vehicle maintenance expenses for oil and lubricants that were changed by the manufacturer.
• Resolution 04-2013-7, a $3,399 amendment for the Art Circle Library for fees collected by the library. The amendment allows the funds to go into the library budget.
In other areas, the county approved:
• Resolution 04-2013-1, a resolution appointing Woody Geisler to the Cumberland County E-911 Emergency Communications District board of directors for a four year term set to expire April 30, 2017;
• Resolution 04-2013-3, a resolution authorizing the submission of an application for a Recreational Trails Program Grant (RTP Grant) from the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation and authorizing the acceptance of the grant if it is awarded. If received, the money would be used at the Obed River Park for improvements. If awarded, a resolution must be brought back to the county commission for its approval.; and
• Resolution 04-2013-4, authorizing the submission of an application for a litter and trash collecting grant for fiscal year 2013-'14 from the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) and authorizing the acceptance of the grant.