Shipping Manager – Detroit Diesel Corp. G.M.L. 1955 – '63, 1964 – '97
Brief description of responsibilities:
Managing parts shipment to 480 destinations around the world.
College 2.5 years
1. Is there any reason that would prevent you from attending the POA Board meetings as well as any other POA Board activity requiring your participation?
Possible medical appointments or emgergencies.
2. I am an active member in the following clubs/organizations.
3. Prior civic involvement: (Boards, Commissions, Councils, etc).
Alcron Canton, Ohio Aviation Committee, Lake Tansi Exchange Board Member, President; Lake Tansi Advisory Committees: Security, ACC, Lakes
4. What do you feel are the most important issues facing the Lake Tansi Board of Directors and residents of Lake Tansi in relation to the committee you wish to chair?
Generating the funds necessary to purchase chemicals for weed control, water buoys and stock fish.
5. If elected, what do you feel you can contribute to the long range success of Lake Tansi Village as a Resort/Retirement Community?
Continue to try improvements and help wherever I can.
6. Please list any pertinent information you would like to present.
- Tansi Smoke Signals
Brown Elementary earns SCORE Prize
Frank P. Brown Elementary School has been named the top middle school in Tennessee by the State Collaborative on Reforming Education for dramatically improving student achievement.
Lake Tansi Christmas Tour of Homes scheduled for Dec. 8
Be sure to mark your calendar for Sunday, Dec. 8 for the Lake Tansi Christmas Tour of Homes. Featured are two of the four beautiful homes included on the tour where you will see delightful Christmas decorations and some fanciful surprises to put you in the Christmas mood!
- Honored for service
GM Report: Rain impacts our community
My comments for this issue will focus more on all of 2013 and 2014 instead of just September or October activities. I’ve thought about this past year, which was my first full year as your General Manager.
- Holiday hours and Closings 2013 – ‘14
Architectural Control non-compliance fees implemented
To improve compliance with the ACC Rules; expectations of our members, it has become necessary to establish incentives for compliance. The ACC Committee proposed non-compliance fees, and the Board of Directors has approved them.
Christmas on the Mountain kicks off annual toy drive
Christmas time is coming and one Cumberland County nonprofit agency helps those children who are in need to have a special Christmas.
Lake Tansi clubs supply funds for backpack program
The Exchange Club of Lake Tansi has agreed to help fund the Second Harvest Food for Kids program at Frank P. Brown Elementary School with a $3,000 donation.
Leagues donate to FUNd Committee
Recently, the Lake Tansi Couples League and Senior Men’s League donated $500 and $400 respectively to the FUNd Committee for its continued efforts to fund projects benefiting Lake Tansi Golf Course and the Lake Tansi Community.
Results of the annual POA election
The new POA Board Members as determined by the election are Bruce Wyatt and Willard Collis. The Lakes Committee Chair is Carl Flangan. Recreation Committee Chair is Brenda Toodle. The one time assessment of $100 per lot was not approved. The ballot count is as follows:
- More Tansi Smoke Signals Headlines
- Brown Elementary earns SCORE Prize