Crossville Chronicle, Crossville, TN

April 30, 2014

Yes, you need a permit

By Nathan Casteel
ACC Chairman

CROSSVILLE — Spring is finally here and we all get the urge to plant, fix, clean, build, organize etc.

These are all great things and are much appreciated by yourselves, and all of your neighbors here in the great Lake Tansi area.

Permits can be obtained that allow us to do almost any improvement we would like to do.

Contact the Architectural Control Committee (ACC) Representative, Tricia Steinmann at the P.O.A. office for the appropriate application forms and with any questions you have about adding something or changing something.

Her phone number is 788-6721 and can be found in every Smoke Signals.

A newly updated Architectural Control Building and Regulations manual dated December 2013 is also available at the P.O.A. office.

New Non-Compliance fees have been authorized by the board of directors. The purpose of the ACC is to help protect the community and beauty of the Lake Tansi area. The ACC does not want to have to use non-compliance fees, but will apply them as appropriate to obtain compliance.

Examples requiring ACC Approval include all structures, some of which are listed below. The following are only examples and should not be considered as an absolutely complete list:

New house

New mobile home






Swimming pool


New addition

Modification of an existing item

Please do not ask a friend or neighbor if you need a permit! Call the POA Office at 788-6721.