City Manager, City of Crossville 2011-2013
Brief description of responsibilities:
All CEO responsibilities, including developing annual budget to present to City Council.
Education: B.S. Tennessee Tech, Management/Finance
1. Is there any reason that would prevent you from attending the POA board meetings as well as any other POA board activity requiring your participation?
2. I am an active member in the following clubs/organizations.
3. Prior civic involvement: (Boards, Commission, Council, etc.)
Uplands Village - Board Member
4. What do you feel are the most important issues facing the Lake Tansi Board of Directors and residents of Lake Tansi?
Establishing financial solvency, understanding the value of our P.O.A., securing our property values
5. If elected, what do you feel you can contribute to the long range success of Lake Tansi Village as a Resort/Retirement Community?
I hope to contribute to the continuing effort toward financial stability for our association. Hopefully my background in business and government will prove to be of value to the board.
6. What do you see as the major issues facing Lake Tansi Village in the next five to 10 years?
1. Establishing a sustainable financial plan.
2. Repairing and maintaining existing assets/structures.
3. Resolving the sewer issue.
4. Defining benefits of membership
7. Please list any pertinent information you would like to present.
I am a native of Cumberland County, self-employed since age of 27, owned/operated several businesses such as farm equipment dealership, laundry mat, auto parts, travel plaza, fast food, real estate development
- Tansi Smoke Signals
POA finishes year on target
The POA finished the 2013 fiscal year effectively on target with our year end projections.
Revenue of $2,488,194 for the year was $8,664 more than had been budgeted. Our expenses came in under budget by $9,630 at $ 2,406,977.
Did you know?
Members at Lake Tansi Village are truly fortunate, within one safe community they have the following amenities:
TSUD under new ownership
Tansi Sewer Utility District is officially under new ownership, albeit the transfer is only temporary and nothing has really changed in terms of day-to-day operations.
Board committed to keeping community informed
Our board of directors would like to express thanks to each person who has called or otherwise contacted us with ideas of support, growth, and (for that matter) criticism.
19th Hole offers chance to support FUNd Committee
The 19th Hole Restaurant has teamed up with the FUNd Committee to offer a "FUNd Meal" three nights a week. For every “FUNd Meal" sold, the 19th Hole will donate $1 to the FUNd Committee.
FUNd projects earmarked for financial support
The Lake Tansi FUNd committee has released its project list for 2014.
Golf course maintenance staff intends to prevail through tough financial times
The staff at Lake Tansi Golf Course strives to continue providing quality golf conditions despite the financial woes they have suffered. The golf maintenance budget has been reduced by nearly $90,000 since 2010 while the cost of materials keeps going up year after year.
Tansi Pan Fish preparing for 2014 season
Greetings Lake Tansi Pan Fish Club fishermen and women. Winter is almost over (Whoopie!) and its time to get ready for a great 2014 fishing season. We have a lot of great fun planned again this year with tournaments every other week from April through October.
Fox captivates LTV Association
The Lake Tansi Village Association held its monthly dinner meeting at the Thunderbird Recreation Center on Jan. 21. There was a wonderful and enthusiastic crowd turnout despite the icy conditions. The pot luck style dinner and desserts were, as usual, the envy of the county as the table was heavy-laden with a delicious smorgasbord. The T-Bird’s dining tables were decorated with snowmen, snow globes and winter figurines serving as the centerpieces, adding to the ambience of the association’s winter dinner.
Celtic Circle holds first Burns Night at Tansi
The Celtic Circle social group observed its first ever traditional Burns Night Supper in honor of Scotland’s poet and national treasure, Robert Burns, on the 255th anniversary of Burns’ birthday Jan. 25 at the Thunderbird Recreation Center.
- More Tansi Smoke Signals Headlines
- POA finishes year on target