City Manager, City of Crossville 2011-2013
Brief description of responsibilities:
All CEO responsibilities, including developing annual budget to present to City Council.
Education: B.S. Tennessee Tech, Management/Finance
1. Is there any reason that would prevent you from attending the POA board meetings as well as any other POA board activity requiring your participation?
2. I am an active member in the following clubs/organizations.
3. Prior civic involvement: (Boards, Commission, Council, etc.)
Uplands Village - Board Member
4. What do you feel are the most important issues facing the Lake Tansi Board of Directors and residents of Lake Tansi?
Establishing financial solvency, understanding the value of our P.O.A., securing our property values
5. If elected, what do you feel you can contribute to the long range success of Lake Tansi Village as a Resort/Retirement Community?
I hope to contribute to the continuing effort toward financial stability for our association. Hopefully my background in business and government will prove to be of value to the board.
6. What do you see as the major issues facing Lake Tansi Village in the next five to 10 years?
1. Establishing a sustainable financial plan.
2. Repairing and maintaining existing assets/structures.
3. Resolving the sewer issue.
4. Defining benefits of membership
7. Please list any pertinent information you would like to present.
I am a native of Cumberland County, self-employed since age of 27, owned/operated several businesses such as farm equipment dealership, laundry mat, auto parts, travel plaza, fast food, real estate development
- Tansi Smoke Signals
Brown Elementary earns SCORE Prize
Frank P. Brown Elementary School has been named the top middle school in Tennessee by the State Collaborative on Reforming Education for dramatically improving student achievement.
Lake Tansi Christmas Tour of Homes scheduled for Dec. 8
Be sure to mark your calendar for Sunday, Dec. 8 for the Lake Tansi Christmas Tour of Homes. Featured are two of the four beautiful homes included on the tour where you will see delightful Christmas decorations and some fanciful surprises to put you in the Christmas mood!
- Honored for service
GM Report: Rain impacts our community
My comments for this issue will focus more on all of 2013 and 2014 instead of just September or October activities. I’ve thought about this past year, which was my first full year as your General Manager.
- Holiday hours and Closings 2013 – ‘14
Architectural Control non-compliance fees implemented
To improve compliance with the ACC Rules; expectations of our members, it has become necessary to establish incentives for compliance. The ACC Committee proposed non-compliance fees, and the Board of Directors has approved them.
Christmas on the Mountain kicks off annual toy drive
Christmas time is coming and one Cumberland County nonprofit agency helps those children who are in need to have a special Christmas.
Lake Tansi clubs supply funds for backpack program
The Exchange Club of Lake Tansi has agreed to help fund the Second Harvest Food for Kids program at Frank P. Brown Elementary School with a $3,000 donation.
Leagues donate to FUNd Committee
Recently, the Lake Tansi Couples League and Senior Men’s League donated $500 and $400 respectively to the FUNd Committee for its continued efforts to fund projects benefiting Lake Tansi Golf Course and the Lake Tansi Community.
Results of the annual POA election
The new POA Board Members as determined by the election are Bruce Wyatt and Willard Collis. The Lakes Committee Chair is Carl Flangan. Recreation Committee Chair is Brenda Toodle. The one time assessment of $100 per lot was not approved. The ballot count is as follows:
- More Tansi Smoke Signals Headlines
- Brown Elementary earns SCORE Prize