There have been several previous incorporation committees whose reports and recommendations have been presented to the club’s board of directors but have not been distributed to our club’s membership.
When forming the current Incorporation Committee, the Board made the following commitments:
• It would not interfere with the committee’s work.
• It would distribute the committee’s final report and recommendations to the membership.
• It would provide the facilities for holding open meetings about their report and recommendations.
The purpose of the committee was to prepare a report for the membership that would help them make an informational decision as to whether or not to contract with an independent, professional service for a feasibility study and detailed plan answering all incorporation issues such as:
• Pros and Cons of incorporating.
• Financial impact to the residents.
• Services to be provided by the new town.
• Status of the Club after incorporation.
• All the questions currently asked by our members.
The Incorporation Committee has done a very good job making our members aware of the issues. Moving forward, the steps are:
• Hold town hall meetings – Oct. 9, 2013 (2-4 pm and 6-8 pm at the C.C.C.)
• Engage an independent, professional service to do a feasibility study and detailed plan, if there is support from the membership to do so.
• Distribute the study and detailed plan to our members.
• Hold town hall meetings and discussion groups about the study and detailed plan.
• Residential vote on incorporation.
We are in the first steps of a process that could take 12 –18 months.
It is the residents and not the board of directors or any other entity that will make the decision of whether or not to incorporate.