Crossville Chronicle, Crossville, TN

Glade Sun

October 23, 2013

Fire Dept. deems electrical wiring cause of Fairfield blaze

CROSSVILLE — The Fairfield Glade Fire Department received a call of a possible structure fire on Sunday morning, Oct. 20 around 10:45 a.m. The 911 call told fire crews that a neighbor living on Fairway Drive reported seeing smoke coming out of the gable end vents and the roof vents of a neighbor’s home.

When the first Fire Department units arrived, the smoke was light and a 360 inspection was completed by the first arriving captain. It was determined that no one was at home.

The electric meter was pulled and the propane was shut off before entry was made.

The attic was searched and no flames were found, just smoke in the lower living room area.  Firefighters found a hot wall around the fireplace area, so the walls were opened and the fire was discovered in the ceiling area near the fireplace. It was quickly extinguished.

The source of the fire is determined to have been started by some electrical wiring. The structure sustained mostly cosmetic, smoke and water damage, with only a little structure damage since the house was framed with metal framing.

All the fire departments equipment responded along with some 30 plus firefighters.

Thanks to the quick action of an alert neighbor, this home was saved. Stay safe and keep your neighborhood safe as well.

1
Text Only
Glade Sun
Marketplace Marquee
Must Read
Section Teases
Seasonal Content
Parade
AP Video
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide
Weather Radar