The Friends of the Library (FOL) Holiday Bling Sale will be held Saturday, Dec. 15. This sale happens only twice a year, and this is the big one. Plan to be at the Art Circle Library when doors to the Cumberland Room open Saturday at 9 a.m.
Visitors will be amazed at the collection of costume jewelry displayed. There will be earrings, both pierced and clip-on, pins and brooches, necklaces, rings, watches, small crystal items, bud vases, and much more. The library will be decorated in holiday splendor and they will have their favorite holiday music in the background. Items will be priced from 50 cents and up. Each item is value priced below any you will find anywhere.
The FOL is also requesting donations for a final call this year of “slightly used” costume jewelry that you would prefer to recycle. If you are hesitant, consider these items of motivation:
1. Your spouse will not buy you new jewelry because you have too much.
2. You have worn it/them so many times you could not possibly wear it/them again.
3. You never liked that brooch, pin, watch, bracelet, necklace, cuff links, tie pin or those earrings in the first place.
4. It does not go with any of your current wardrobe.
5. You want to help the FOL support the library in its effort to buy the best and most current books available.
6. You cannot wait to see the bling that will be on sale just in time for gift giving and restocking your own “bling box” on Saturday, Dec. 15.
Time is also running out to recycle books you have read to the library for this year. Why not visit the FOL book store when you drop off the donated books and bling?