- Area News
Defendant to serve 4 years with Florida sentence
A Cumberland County man facing multiple counts of burglary, theft and fraud pleaded guilty in Criminal Court and was sentenced to serve four years in prison, concurrent with an unrelated sentence being served in the state of Florida.Continued ...
- Study points to need for home energy efficiency
- Panel OKs amendment for CoLinx expansion grant
- Tree Board celebrate Arbor Day with free trees
- Pharmacy robbery nets 11 years
- Defendant to serve 4 years with Florida sentence
CCHS senior pitcher Matt Ledbetter (2) goes to the mound in the first inning of the Jets’ 3-1 loss to the McMinn Central Chargers Monday afternoon at Jet Park.
Jets fall to McMinn Central in season opener
The Cumberland County High School baseball team dropped their season opener to McMinn Central 3-1 Monday afternoon.
- Panthers finish third in DeKalb County tournament
- Stonehenge Golf Club to host State Senior Men’s, State Women’s Open tournaments again this year
- 28th Tansi Exchange Golf Tournament tees off April 26
- Panthers lose to Blackman in substate 69-55
- Jets fall to McMinn Central in season opener
First place in the Relay for Life chili cook-off went to the Fighting for Love team. Bill Pressley and Sherry Lawson presented the award to Christy Holt, far right, and family.
Fighting for Love takes Relay chili cook-off win
The Relay for Life chili cook-off was held at the Crossville Depot Feb. 22. The first-place winner was the Fighting for Love team. Bill Pressley and Sherry Lawson presented the award to team captain Christy Holt and family.
- Another fun day at 127 Senior Center
- Marriage licenses (Published March 12, 2014)
- PLEASANT HILL RAMBLINGS: Building a foundation and a place to play
- Seniors can learn to defend themselves at Fair Park
- Fighting for Love takes Relay chili cook-off win
Lion and the Lamb: The crisis in the Ukraine
Once again our nation is trying to decide how to respond to another political crisis in the Middle East—an area that has produced a continuing series of "threats" to us and our empire, such as in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Iran, and Syria. This new crisis, however, takes us into a slightly different part of the world—the Ukraine. Its territory has had over a thousand years of tumultuous history, including being ruled by Russia since the 18th century, but a brief look at its most recent years will help provide some additional understanding of the current crisis.
- We the People: Old and grumpy
- TIDBITS: My Tennessee home
- STUMPTALK: They just don’t know
- LION AND THE LAMB: A time for earth-empathy
- Lion and the Lamb: The crisis in the Ukraine
- Things To Do
Discover ‘The Cloud Kingdom’ at Travelogue
The Fairfield Glade Lions final season Travelogue will come to a close on April 7 at the Palace Theatre. The adventure will start at 7 p.m. for a trip to Bhutan, a tiny Buddhist kingdom located on the eastern shoulders of the Himalayas.
- Film Society announces spring movie season
- REVIEW: An evening of laughter awaits with 'The Foreigner'
- Brown takes Palace stage March 14
- Curtain Call Player give tribute to the best of country legends
- Discover ‘The Cloud Kingdom’ at Travelogue