- Area News
County OKs resolution for CMC/Covenant refinance deal
Cumberland County commissioners passed a resolution Monday evening giving its approval for Covenant Health to refund its bonds to refinance $40 million for Cumberland Medical Center.Continued ...
The request was made by Covenant Health, a Tennessee nonprofit corporation which now operates Cumberland Medical Center.
- Plea includes ban from all Wal-Mart stores
- Forgery charges net six months in jail
- Unfunded mandates a challenge for schools
- Vote early to avoid delays
- County OKs resolution for CMC/Covenant refinance deal
Tim Richardson, Adam Forgey, Greg Wyatt and Blake Garrison won the City of Crossville Team Championship honoring Bobby Nichols Tuesday with a 20-under-par 124 (60-64).
Wyatt foursome takes Team Championship win by one stroke
Greg Wyatt, Adam Forgey, Tim Richardson and Blake Garrison held off Loren Personett, Paul Brannon, Dwayne Lindsey and Jake Dailey to win the City of Crossville Team Championship honoring Bobby Nichols Tuesday afternoon at Lake Tansi.
- Senior Olympics winner is 'on the run' for good health
- Hedgecoth takes first in sporting clays at state championship
- Wyatt leads team to win in Crossville Team Championship
- Senior men's softball brings home the gold, again
- Wyatt foursome takes Team Championship win by one stroke
Pictured is the Christian Counseling Center's play therapy center. Pictured, from left, are Kathryn Smylie Burns, Ed.S., play therapist, with Leia Stevens, granddaughter of the executive director.
Christian Counseling Center celebrating 12 years
Help the Christian Counseling Center of Cumberland County (C5) celebrate 12 years of community service. Dine at Ruby Tuesday of Crossville Aug. 8, 9 or 10. Print the flyer from the center’s website, www.cccotp.org, and give it to the server.
- A Time 4 Paws collecting shoes to help Soles4Souls in fight against global poverty
- Parkinson’s therapies help patients live big and loud
- Local art event planned at CATS
- Marriage licenses (Published July 23, 2014)
- Christian Counseling Center celebrating 12 years
We the People: The last dance
Charlie Hayden’s last recording session with his early partner, Keith Jarrett, was in 2007. The songs they played were mostly melancholy. The second album coming from that session includes Weil’s “My Ship” and Porter’s “Every Time We Say Goodbye.” The dark ballad “Goodbye,” by Gordon Jenkins, was the final track.
- Lion and the Lamb: Living in a pressure cooker
- Tidbits: The excitement of election day
- Raising the minimum wage
- Lion and the Lamb: Children on the move
- We the People: The last dance
- Things To Do
"Front Page News" held over in Dayton
Cumberland County Playhouse and its producing partner The Scopes Festival in Dayton, TN, have added three more performances of "Front Page News," the newly adapted, historically accurate play with music, currently being staged in the historic “monkey trial” courtroom in Dayton’s Rhea County Courthouse. Additional shows of the new work are Saturday at 2:30 and 7:30 p.m., and the final show Sunday at 2:30 p.m. All times are EDT.
- Scarcrow Walk set Oct. 4-31 in Granville
- Conlee to perform at Palace
- 'Friday Night Air' features City Lites
- Gypsy, Front Page News open this weekend
- "Front Page News" held over in Dayton